Full-Time FINANCE & AUDIT OFFICER
About the program:
Improving health services is a shared objective of Vanuatu and Australia, and is important to the bilateral relationship. The high level political commitment of Government of Vanuatu to health as a priority is demonstrated in the People’s Plan 2016-2030 which applies the Sustainable Development Goals at the country level and references a healthy population as one of its national priorities, and includes targets for gender equality and reduction of gender based violence.
The goal of the Vanuatu Health Program is effective delivery of the health components of the People’s Plan and commitment to health services demanded at national, provincial and local levels by a healthy, secure and productive population. The end of program outcomes (EOPOs) are:
(a) Ministry of Health senior staff lead continuous improvement and strengthened accountability of the Vanuatu health sector; and
(b) Ministry of Health corporate services, public health and clinic services staff increase delivery of equitable, accessible and better quality essential health services.
Objectives of the role:
- Support the Ministry of Health (MoH) to effectively apply the Government of Vanuatu (GoV) financial regulations and other internal controls, to manage the fiduciary risk to Australian funding within the health system, including funding associated with humanitarian relief and recovery efforts as required.
- Provide a final level of oversight and assurance on approvals to spend Australian funds using GoV public finance and procurement systems, ensuring that expenditure is in line with approved budgets and GOV financial regulations
- To work as part of an integrated Public Financial Management (PFM) team within the Ministry of Health (specifically consultants working on procurement and financial reform) providing support to the MoH Finance & Accounts Unit, both in headquarters and in the provinces, to help improve financial management and procurement functions.
- To facilitate monthly financial and performance reporting within MoH with a particular focus on Australian funding associated with humanitarian relief and recovery efforts
- Provide assistance as needed to the MoH Internal Auditor, Vanuatu National Audit Office or other entities to carry out financial audits related to use of development partner funds.
- Provide day–to-day support to the VHP PFM/ Procurement Manager, VHP Audit & Finance Officer, MoH Finance Officers and the MoH Finance Manager in the oversight, management and delivery of MoH programs utilising Australian funding.
- Help develop and build financial management and reporting capacity within relevant MoH cost centres.
- Co-authorize all MoH payments utilising Australian funding, ensuring that GoV financial regulations, procurement processes and other internal controls are thoroughly and consistently applied, including funding associated with humanitarian relief and recovery efforts.
- Use the GoV financial management information system (Smartstream) to monitor and track expenditure against Australian funding and support the Finance Manager and VHP PFM/ Procurement Manager to provide reports to the MoH Executive, Australian High Commission and other stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Maintain and update an electronic filing system for all DFAT-funded program records over the period of the assignment, inclusive of all correspondence, agreements, contracts, procurement analyses, payments (including local purchase orders, accountable imprests and salary records) and any relevant supporting documentation.
- Provide assistance to the MoH Internal Auditor, Vanuatu National Audit Office or other entities, with relation to audits or other investigations of Australian-funded initiatives using GoV systems, with a particular focus on funding associated with humanitarian relief and recovery efforts.
- Participate in and support the MoH Finance Manager with regular Finance Team Meetings and Workshops, to monitor progress against PFM reforms and address immediate financial challenges faced by MoH.
- Provide personnel, goods and services (physical and consulting) contracting advise to MoH and VHP where required.
- In collaboration with the VHP PFM/Procurement Manager, monitor all risk events, report on occurrences and advise on update mitigation techniques to reduce impacts.
- In collaboration with the VHP PFM/Procurement Manager, provide feedback to governance bodies on PFM reform and recommendations for improved coordination between MOH, development partners, central government agencies and other government ministries.
1259 total views, 1 today