Full-Time ENGAGEMENT ADVISER
The Engagement Adviser assists the Head of Regional Engagement (HRE) to deliver the overall success of PASO and supporting role for the following Regional Engagement areas:
- PASO’s external diplomatic relationships and engagements,
- Our responsibilities as a member of the Council of the Regional Organisations (CROP) in the Pacific;
- The Secretariat for the Regional Aviation Ministers Meeting.
The Engagement Adviser’s main aim is to support the Head of Regional Engagement to create and maintain lasting relationships with all State governments, CROP agencies and key stakeholders with the primary focus to engage across all key areas to ensure PASO makes a positive and progressive contribution towards improving aviation in the Pacific.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A relevant degree from a recognised university.
- A sound understanding of the Pacific governance framework.
- Knowledge of Pacific culture, governance, and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical, research, writing and presentation skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a small team environment to contribute and enhance team achievements.
- A proven record to produce high quality, fit-for purpose reporting for senior managers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A proven ability to manage confidential information.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the aviation industry would be an advantage
- Previous experience as a diplomat working for a Pacific Islands Ministry of Foreign Affairs or similar would be an advantage.
454 total views, 1 today