Full-Time DRIVER TO THE UK HIGH COMMISSIONER AND ESTATES ASSISTANT
Main purpose of job:
Driver: To take the UK High Commissioner to official engagements and deliver/collect official letters (70%)
Estates Assistant: To support the Corporate Services team on estates management including Residence and Deputy High Commissioner’s property (25%)
Guard Coordinator: To support the Corporate Services Team on security by coordinating guards (5%)
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
To drive the UK High Commissioner and the High Commission vehicles in a safe and economical manner in accordance with the Highway Code and local laws. Maintain up-to-date knowledge on local driving routes.
Use of the vehicles is for official purposes only.
Check and maintain the following in all High Commission vehicles:
- Daily check of tyre pressures, hydraulic fluid, oil, radiator, battery level and fuel.
- keeping the vehicle clean and serviceable
- reporting any defects
- keeping an accurate record of all journeys and mileage.
- Ensure a presentable appearance, including wearing any official uniform or abiding by dress-codes.
- making sure that all passengers are aware that they should wear their seat-belts and abide by the rules of the transport policy
- Security of vehicles
- Reporting to the DHC or Office Manager for any incidents or accidental damages to the official vehicles in your possession
- Ensure vehicle servicing takes place at the manufacturer’s recommended intervals.
You are responsible for the timely delivery and collection of any messages/post as directed by the High Commissioner, Deputy High Commissioner (DHC) or wider Corporate Services Team.
From time to time, you may be requested to provide support which includes procurement of supplies and stationary.
As Estates Assistant, you are expected to support the Office Manager in maintaining our estates including office and residential accommodations. You will be responsible for maintaining and keeping inventory of estates equipment and stocks.
While most tasks will be assigned, you will be expected to exercise initiative in assessing required maintenance work around the estates. Where basic skills are required, you will be expected to carry out minor maintenance work. Larger and more complex maintenance work should be reported to the Office Manager.
As directed by the DHC and Regional Overseas Security Manager, co-ordinate rotas and security checks for the guards to the UK High Commission, Residence, and DHC property. Escalate issues as they arise.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Full, clean driving licence for both manual and automatic vehicle categories
- Detailed driving knowledge of Vanuatu
- Proven experience of carrying out light maintenance repairs to buildings and cars
The starting monthly salary for this position is VUV 57, 214.
There will be continual on-the-job learning and access to the UK’s online Diplomatic Academy training courses.
We will consider flexible working arrangements in line with the High Commission terms and conditions of service.
1312 total views, 1 today