Full-Time DIRECTOR GENERAL
The Vanuatu Public Service Commission wishes to advertise and recruit experienced and qualified Ni-Vanuatu to fill the following Directors General position;
Job Title: DIRECTOR GENERAL
Job Level: DG
Annual Salary: VT 5,989,600
Location: Port Vila
Purpose of the position:
The Director’s General main functions is to be the chief administrator and chief policy advisor in assisting Public Service Commission and Minister to set strategic policy direction, planning, monitoring and evaluation of development programs and to facilitate the delivery of high quality public service and to develop competent and highly motivated team of professional within their respective jurisdiction.
- Providing Strategic advice to Public Service Commission and the Minister on national development issues and related policies, including socio-economic development priorities, national security, intergovernmental relations and other areas.
- Provide strategic advice to the Minister on regional and international issues of relevance to Vanuatu
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of government key programs to align with Vanuatu development priorities areas and National Sustainable Development programs (NSDP)
- To take leading role in the preparation and the implementation of the Ministry’s Corporate plan and Business Plan in accordance with the guidelines set by the Commission
- Oversee the effective and efficient implementation of the government policy including COM decisions
- Provide annual report in accordance with the guidelines and timeframe set by the Commission
- Provide leadership role and best management practices to ensure that each office fulfill his aspiration and deliver to his full potential capacity
- To comply with the PS Act, PFEM Act and other relevant legislations
Qualification – Master’s Degree
Special Business Education – Business Administration or any relevant discipline
Experience – Must have l0 years relevant experiences at a Senior Executive Management level in a Public Sector or Private Sector
Special skills – Strong leadership skills, Diplomatic Skills, Negotiation skills, Managerial and supervisory skills, planning skills, Analytical skills, Policy development skills, interpretation skills, research skills, strategic thinking skills and communication skills
Behavioural competencies – Shows a sense of professionalism, visionary, adaptable to environmental changes, commitment, self-discipline, accountable, creative and innovative being critical and capacity to work under pressure and treat others with dignity & respect
Language – Must be fluently speak and write English and French and Bislama.
The office of the Public Service commission will provide any person with information package containing details of the above vacancy including duties and responsibilities, reporting arrangements.
1056 total views, 1 today