Contract CURRICULUM MATERIALS WRITERS FRENCH AND ENGLISH
Expressions of Interest
Curriculum Materials Writers French and English
Qualified teachers with at least five years recent primary school teaching experience are invited to submit an expression of interest to assist the Ministry of Education and Training develop teachers guides for Year 6.
The Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training is progressing implementation of a new curriculum in Years 1-6.
This includes rollout of a new syllabus, supporting documents, policies, and training programs. Each year teacher guides are developed to support teachers implement the Vanuatu National Primary Syllabus. The teacher guides provide ideas for teaching and learning and assessment. They provide a structure in the form of units that describe what to teach, ideas for how to teach, and examples of assessment activities.
Writers will be expected to deliver a teacher guide for the learning area they are allocated within an agreed time frame. Each teacher guide will comprise the following elements:
- The identification of units of work for each term. A unit is typically between 4 to 10 weeks in duration.
- A description of knowledge, skills and understanding students are expected to learn each week
- Teacher notes where appropriate
- Ideas for teaching and learning activities for each week
- Ideas for assessment
- Identification of appropriate resource materials
Applicants should to demonstrate the following in their written application and CV:
- A minimum of a diploma of teaching at primary level;
- At least 5 years recent teaching experience;
- Excellent command of writing in the English or French Language;
- Competence in using Microsoft word; and
- Experience writing curriculum materials
1267 total views, 2 today