Full-Time COORDINATOR NON COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
The Directorate of Public Health Services under the Ministry of Health wishes to recruit an experience and qualify person to the following position. We encourage only those who meet the criteria to apply.
Job Title: Coordinator Non Communicable Diseases
Job Level & Grade: PS 7.1
Annual Salary: VT 2,202,300
Location: Public Health Department, Port Vila – Efate
Purpose: To plan, coordinate and manage all national non-communicable disease policies and activities throughout Vanuatu to improve the health status of the population through provision of quality, integrated and sustainable NCD care.
- Have an up-to-date National Non Communicable Disease Policy. Prepare an annual budget and participate in the formulation of NCD corporate/ business plan
- Formulate guidelines and standards for acceptable NCD service system in all health facilities (Hospitals and health centers) and other institutions where necessary
- Seek funding for the implementation of all NCD programs
- Monitor regularly the trends in ration costs in all health facilities and other institutions and prepare guidelines for allocation of ration funds by the government
- Provide technical advice to the government in terms of requisitioning for NCD supplies, equipments and layout
- Conduct supervisory visits to monitor the implementation of NCD activities within the framework of the Corporate Action Plan for Non Communicable Disease (Vanuatu NCD Strategic Plan)
- Serve as a member/ secretary to the National NCD Committee or a similar body on evaluation of the Vanuatu NCD Strategic Plan/ corporate/ business plan and ensure the smooth running of the NNCDC
- Conduct National NCD Surveys every 10 years, collect and analyses NCD data from HIS to monitor trends in hospital admissions, deaths, and outpatient activity
- Conduct survey in sentinel sites every two years to monitor trends in NCD working closely with other key stakeholders (Statistics Office, NGOs, Police, Women Affairs, Education, etc….)
- Participate actively in other NCD related activities especially those that will generate data for policy formulation and program planning.
Qualifications – Formal training in Public health with Degree or Diploma
Special Business Education – Formal training in NCD with degree or diploma in Dietetic & NCD field
Experience – Experience in Secretarial and administrative duties and experience dealing with Senior Governmental officials
Special Skills – Have basic knowledge in computer skills, Ability to work as a team, be motivated and responds to supervision and Obtain driving licence
Thinking Style – Able to think proactively, strategically, quantitatively, and analytically, while being practical, reasonable, and open-minded. Must have ability to critically assess and continuously improve.
Communication/ Interpersonal Skills – Must have very good verbal and written communication skills and customer oriented
Behavioral Competencies – Honesty, good work ethics, respect, co-operation, positive attitude, punctuality and attendance to duties
Language – English or French and Bislama
The Human Resource Unit of the MOH will be able to provide any person with information package containing details of the above vacancy including duties, responsibilities and reporting arrangements.
788 total views, 1 today