Full-Time COMPLIANCE ANALYST
We invite applications from suitable experienced and qualified applicants for the position of Compliance Analyst – Compliance Department to be based in Port Vila. Reporting to Head – Compliance Department, this position is responsible for assisting the Department in the Bank’s AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance management activities in accordance with regulatory requirements. In addition the role engages in providing continued assurance of the effectiveness of the Bank’s internal controls and compliance to mitigate risk, ensuring it achieves its business objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Assist the Department in establishing a common and accepted risk culture throughout the Bank;
- Carry out second level control of abnormal account activities detected by reports;
- Facilitate specific reporting responsibilities relating to AML compliance with the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU);
- Perform and report regular statistics report FIU and BRED Headquarters;
- Develop, implement and test internal poilicies and procedures to ensure continual effectiveness and robustness of the Bank’s systems;
- Implement and imbed various risk management practices accross the business streams – this includes risk mapping, risk & control register management. risk indictors and scoring database;
- Experience – minimum of 2+ years as a professional in a banking and/or financial environment;
- Sound legal/compliance experience in risk and/or compliance. Having some audit experience in a banking environment is an advantage;
- Demonstrate analytical skills and attention to detail is critical;
- Professional/specialist knowledge – problem solving analysis, financial analysis, legal analysis, customer focus, persuasive communication and being able to understand compliance & risk is a must;
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines and providing high level analysis is essential;
- Tertiary Qualification is preferable. At least a University Degree in Banking and Finance or a Business related field and law.
Banking made easy.
1221 total views, 1 today