Full-Time COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
The Vanuatu Society for People with Disability (VSPD) is currently seeking expression of interest for a full-time Community Engagement Officer for 12 months.
The Community Engagement Officer will lead the VSPD Community Disability Associations project (CDA). In recognition of the need for community support for persons with disabilities throughout Vanuatu, the project aims to establish and/or improve capacity of community disability associations. These associations are best placed to support people with disabilities in their communities through raising awareness of, and promoting, their rights. Association activities may include:
- Facilitation of community awareness on The Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Disability Inclusion.
- Facilitating inclusion of people with disabilities in all community discussions and decision-making
- Running relevant training for the whole community on issues facing people with a disability (e.g. disaster preparedness of people with a disability).
- Work with existing CDA to determine community and client expectations of these associations
- Work with community disability association to identify community networks that could be used to advocate for disability inclusion.
- Capacity build CDA to increase understanding on CRPD and Disability Inclusion
- Support CDA to facilitate community awareness on CRPD and Disability Inclusion
- Work In line with the project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) framework, facilitate and support high quality quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation of the project, and provide regular reports to the program manager
- In coordination with the program manager, facilitate quality related training and system development for project initiatives (in conjunction with relevant partners if appropriate)
- Appropriately represent VSPD to build good relations with all stakeholders at the project level
- Ensure the project complies with VSPD child protection policy.
- Completed high school – Year 12/13
- Diploma in community service or youth work is an advantage
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical skill in community level training and capacity building
- 3 years’ experience involvement in community level activities for example NGO activities, youth activities, sports, church or development programs including liaising with community leaders
- Some knowledge on The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Strong knowledge of people and cultural and religious practices of Efate communities
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Bislama and English
- Ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure the timely completion of tasks while working to deadlines
- Ability to support senior VSPD staff members in accordance with their priorities
- Experience working within and contributing to an MEAL framework
- Computer skills (ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint required)
- Team Player
1146 total views, 2 today