Full-Time COMMUNITY BASE REHABILITATION (CBR) OFFICER
Do you have a passion for working with youths and adults with disability? The Vanuatu Society for People with Disability (VSPD) is looking for a Community Base Rehabilitation (CBR) Officer (1) to deliver our program, through the provision of rehabilitation, education and assistive devices. The program aims to improve mobility and promotes holistic development to improving the quality of life for persons with disability and supporting them and their families to participate as equal members in all levels of society.
- Assess the needs and abilities of clients with disability and their families, who have been referred to the VSPD CBR program
- Assist clients and their families to develop holistic and client centred goals; ensure the goals are reviewed and modified as necessary during follow up assessments
- Provide intervention as appropriate, including the provision of education, strategies, therapy and equipment/mobility aids
- Complete required documentation and reporting (assessments, client progress notes, equipment prescription and distribution, etc.) in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Carry out duties and responsibilities promptly as per the following timeframes:
– Initial assessments to be conducted within 4 weeks of a referral
– Prescribed equipment to be delivered within 2 weeks of assessment
– Follow up assessment to be conducted within 3 months of initial assessment
– Documentation to be completed within the week in which the intervention occurred
- Complete reporting and documentation (equipment supply and prescription stocktake data, donor and partner organisation reports, etc.)
- Communicate in a clear, sensitive and appropriate way with clients and their families as well as community members, VSPD staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure stocktake/inventory tracking of equipment is accurate and up to date
- Contribute to program design and reporting to external donors and partner organisations
- Support the CBR team, encouraging the learning of all team members.
Qualifications Skills & Experience
- Completed High School Year 12/13. Additional qualifications are welcome
- Experience working in community settings e.g. in education, health, community and social development activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, email)
- Ability to work within a team and with community members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
988 total views, 1 today