Full-Time CHIEF RISK OFFICER
An exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as a Chief Risk Officer, Vanuatu and Kiribati.
- Experience in risk
- Directly report to the Chief Risk Officer for the Pacific
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional goal of being the best bank in the Pacific
About the role
As the Chief Risk Officer for Vanuatu and Kiribati, you will provide support to the Country Heads to achieve sound profitable growth of lending assets, by maintaining credit quality in line with agreed business strategies and Country Risk Appetite statements. Actions are also to be consistent with the Pacific’s 3 core goals of:
- Creating a sustainably profitable business;
- Simplifying the business and its processes for our staff and customers; and
- De-risking the business.
You will exercise as a senior level Credit Approval Discretion for the two countries of responsibility and is expected to proactively drive an effective credit risk management culture and being well managed. You will encompass second line defense activities of Operational, Compliance, Market, Reputational and Credit Risks present in these two countries and acting as trusted advisor to the respective Country Heads.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Strong knowledge and exposure to Banking Industry and Risk Management in prior roles
- Extensive experience in the use of a CreditApproval Discretion involving commercial lending customers
- Being able to lead credit workshops and deliver improved risk outcomes and better customer experience
- Experience of Retail Risk and Portfolio management is also highly desirable
- Proven experience in strategic management and thought leadership skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of ANZ credit system, products and procedures is essential
- Makes timely decisions in rapidly changing and high risk situations
- Strong collaboration, relationship, network and communication skills
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.
We’ve made it our business to be an organization where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank.
Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future. At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
625 total views, 2 today