Contract AUTOCAD DRAFTER
AutoCAD Drafter Assignment:
The Department of Water Resources is looking for a hardworking and passionate AutoCAD Drafter to work with us.
As an AutoCAD Drafter, you will be responsible for the design as per the given specifications from the Departments Engineers. You will also be responsible for following verbal instructions from the Engineers. Additionally, you will be responsible for storing and filing all these designs of the DoWR Standard in the database.
You should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to pay close attention to details. You should also have amazing maths skills and outstanding analytical skills. If you think you are fit for this job position, then send in your job application right away. An interview will be conducted.
- It is anticipated that the AutoCAD Drafter will work for a period of five (5) months or less depending on the assignment completed. The AutoCAD Drafter will work closely with the DoWR Technical team/ Engineers to complete the assignment.
- DoWR office in Port Vila.
- Should be discussed during the interview.
- The AutoCAD Drafter must have their own functional laptop compatible to operate with AutoCAD software (2019 version and above) to use during each working day.
- Attending design discussions with the DoWR Engineers and other team members.
- Gathering the structural and material requirements.
- Performing calculations on the estimated dimensions of the Water Supply Structures.
- Preparing rough sketches of the required design.
- Reviewing the sketches and blueprints during the meetings.
- Creating a design using appropriate AutoCAD software.
- Demonstrating the workflows with the help of a flowchart.
- Compiling data and specification sheets.
- Identifying operational faults and providing solutions to them.
- Redesign the design to enhance the functionality of the Water Supply Systems.
- Presenting the design to the team members and taking feedback from them.
- Creating user manuals and update other documents on time.
- Finalizing the final AutoCAD model to be handed over to the Department of Water Resources
- Adhering to the Working environment.
- Storing and filing the finalization of the Standard Drawings as per the contract agreement
- Staying updated with the latest developments within the Water Sector
- Appropriate qualifications required
- Proven work experience in the Construction company as an AutoCAD Drafter or a similar job position.
- A professional certification in Computer-Aided Design will be an added benefit.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Sound understanding of environmental and safety regulations.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good time management skills.
- A detailed oriented and creative individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and mathematical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional active listening skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitasking.
535 total views, 1 today