Full-Time ADVISER, FAMILY PROTECTION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Vanuatu-Australia Policing and Justice Program
Stretem Rod Blong Jastis Mo Sefti
Adviser, Family Protection and Community Engagement
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Palladium International and the Australia Vanuatu Policing and Justice Program – Stretem Rod Blong Jastis Mo Sefti – are seeking suitable applicants for the role of Adviser, Family Protection and Community Engagement. The purpose of this role is:
- Ensure delivery of community engagement initiatives and lawfully respond and support VPF in the investigation of crimes affecting women, children, youth and vulnerable persons
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the VPF Family Protection, Crime Prevention and Frontline Policing OICs, officers and relevant stakeholders particularly as it relates to management of Family Violence matters by Police
- Provide advice and information to Officers and OICs of the Family Protection Units throughout Vanuatu, that is consistent with the VPF 2015 Family Violence Policy and is aimed at improving service delivery experiences for women, children youth and vulnerable persons.
- Establish and maintain regular reporting with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress against SRBJS outcomes and the M&E Framework.
- Provide practical and technical advice on VPF operational funding requests in relation to the family protection and gender-based violence(in line with VPF processes)
- Support the strengthening and implementation of VPF systems and processes, particularly in relation to case and data management, policies and governance and media engagement.
- Contribute to reporting, day-to-day operations and other aspects of program management as requested by the Program Coordinator Policing.
- Advocate for advancing gender equity within the VPF, including supporting the OIC of Family Protection Units to implement recommendations from the Evaluation of Women’s Participation in the VPF
- Assist the VPF to implement staged community engagement initiatives/plans
- Work with the VPF, SRBJS advisers and MJCS on appropriate child protection programming
- Work with OIC Family Protection Units and relevant officers to develop approved and best practice approaches to service delivery and victim liaison
- Support strengthened relationships/cooperation between VPF Family Protection Units and the Vanuatu Women’s Centre
- Work closely with Advisers in SPD and OPP to facilitate domestic violence and sexual and gender-based crimes being dealt with through to completion in an efficient and timely manner in compliance with the Family Protection Act and VPF Family Protection Policy.
- Other Capacity Development and Monitoring & Evaluation Duties as listed in the TOR.
- A minimum of 5 years’ Policing experience
- Proven experience in responding to and Investigating family /domestic /gender-based violence cases
- Good communication skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with all partners
- Experience in general duties/community policing
- Experience in response to and investigation of child protection matters including interviewing of vulnerable witnesses
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement and crime prevention activities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound professional judgment in sensitive situations
- Understanding of, and ability to implement, capacity development and skills transfer activities
- Understanding of police development and gender & development issues
- Ni-Vanuatu citizen or Expatriate with ability to obtain a visa in order to work within Vanuatu (Essential) (Only to be considered if already Vanuatu-based).
782 total views, 1 today