Full-Time ACCOUNTANT CREDIT
Vodafone Vanuatu is seeking for an Accountant Credit to be based in Port Vila.
This position is responsible for all facets of credit control and debt collection activities within the company.
Activities are undertaken in close collaboration with the Commercial and Customer facing areas of the business and involve direct contact with customers. Regular progress and status reporting is required to support commercial and financial decision making. A commitment to continuous improvement and to ongoing identification of process and control improvement opportunities is required.
To maximize prompt and timely cash inflows to the company in relation to debtors (system generated and manual) and minimize financial loss to the company through non-payment by debtors of amounts owing.
- To communicate, led by example and champion the performance objectives of the company.
- To produce timely, reliable and accurate management information in relation to company debtors which:
– Enables effective management of accounts receivable, and
– Facilitates a current and up-to-date understanding by the company of its exposure to debtors.
- To develop and maintain, in consultation, appropriate documented policies and procedures in relation to credit control.
- To initiate and enhance processes and systems improvement contributing to the achievement of the role’s principle objective and also to the organizational objectives.
- Debt collection and communications with debtors in accordance with agreed debt collection procedures which include but are not limited to:
– Follow up communications with debtors
– Managing official disconnections
– Managing official cancellations
– Preparation of follow up written communications with debtors
– Liaison with Commercial, Customer Care, Technical as required
– Management of agreed payment plans
– Liaison with Accounts Payable in relation to the payment of local suppliers who are also debtors
– Meet and visit Customers where necessary for Debts Collection and building relationship with Customers.
- Management and maintenance of GPTO debtors’ balances and SUN manual debtors’ balances
- Reconciliation of GPTO debtor balances to the SUN general ledger
- Provision and maintenance of aged debtors’ analyses
- Liaising with customers and responding to account enquiries or complaints
- Reporting at month end, and at any other time as required by agreed debt collection procedures
- Maintenance of relevant policies and procedures
- Frequent collaboration with sales team when handling customers for debt collection, for disputes and cancellation of services.
- Other tasks as when required
- Secondary school graduates
- Fluent English/ Bislama and French basic understanding
- Customer oriented
- Reconciliation experiences
3. Job characteristics
- Ability to work effectively in a high-volume environment
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive, “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to
1767 total views, 2 today